Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I was entering English and Swedish family names into the computer and may have murmured a small amount about the repetition of the same names, in seemingly, every family. Soooo, we went on a field trip to the cemetery in Laie.

I am happy I have English and Swedish ancestors.
I also discovered the Hawaiians/Polynesians are responsible for creating and maintaining their family burial plots. 




There are many that are just heaped up with dirt and sand.

   Several plots have solar lights.

I love this plot. As we have come to love and participate in the lives of the island people and their cultures, this grave, with the chairs on it, is symbolic of their lives on many levels.
Just leave the chairs. We'll be back soon, because our family is everything.

Aloha


No comments:

Post a Comment